Letter of Gift
To the Trustees of Russell Sage Foundation:
I have transferred to Russell Sage Foundation...a fund, the principal of which...shall be held, and the income thereof applied to the improvement of social and living conditions in the United States of America....
The scope of the Foundation is not only national but is broad. It should, however, preferably not undertake to do that which is now being done or is likely to be effectively done by other individuals or by other agencies. It should be its aim to take up the larger and more difficult problems, and to take them up so far as possible in such a manner as to secure co-operation and aid in their solution....
Margaret Olivia Sage
New York, April 19, 1907
In This Section
Search for an RSF Expert
- Interesting (but gated): Family, Education, and Sources of Wealth among the Richest Americans, 1982-2012 http://t.co/7Np5PPJR2a — 12 hours 59 min ago
- From RSF scholar M. Rabin: An Approach to Incorporating Psychology into Economics http://t.co/x0IMwmNUYY — 14 hours 19 min ago
- Congrats to fmr RSF scholar Till von Wachter for winning AEJ best paper prize: http://t.co/627lD1J3BY — 14 hours 24 min ago
- Interesting: The Most Dangerous Idea in Federal Reserve History: Monetary Policy Doesn't Matter http://t.co/KrvNMzlZ70 — 15 hours 25 min ago
- Use the code SPRINGSALE to get a 50% discount on all our books until May 31: https://t.co/phjEn4LNth — 16 hours 19 min ago